The metal garden hose is an invention that puts away all the issues you had with any other hose. Metal hoses have various similarities with expendable hoses, which are very popular. Metal hoses often use sturdy stainless steel.
Regular rubber hoses can ruin your day pretty fast because they can interrupt your work multiple times; the water flow may stop, and you will have to fix the knots or any other issue they might have. Modern technology invented the metal garden hose; it prevents kinks and knots and is nearly indestructible.
Today we are going to go through the highest quality metal garden hoses out there.
Top Metal Garden Hoses
1. SPECILITE Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel
SPECILITE heavy-duty metal hose is the most popular product on the market. People claim that it is the best hose they ever had! The hose is stainless steel with high-quality brass fittings which prevent leaking.
The best part is that user reviews don’t have any complaints regarding kinking on this hose. Most hoses kink easily, but you won’t have that problem with this well-designed heavy-duty metal hose. Overall this hose is the best metal garden hose at the moment, as shown on its high ratings. It also comes with one year warranty.
You can have a lot of fun with this hose thanks to its nozzle. You have ten ways to spray with it: shower, jet, soaker, mist, angle, 1/2 vet, center, flat and full. Most customers reported high satisfaction in the areas of durability, weight, and maneuverability. The hose has a width of ⅝ inch that allows you to use various hose fittings with this one easily.
It comes in 4 lengths:
It weighs about 5.70 pounds for 50 feet.
- The hose is 304 stainless steel
- It has a warranty of 12 months
- The hose is very durable, lightweight, and maneuverable
- It has high-quality brass fittings that prevent leaking
- It has ⅝ inch hose width
- Kink-free design
- 10 Ways of spraying
- It can withstand a significant amount of abuse, and it is nearly indestructible
- Low water pressure
2. BOSNELL Metal Garden Hose
Bosnell is another excellent option if you are looking for a popular and high-rated garden tools and equipment brand. This hose width is around ⅝ inch, which is an excellent width of a metal hose. BOSNELL’s hose is 304 stainless steel, and it is pretty solid and durable.
It also comes with free nozzles, a 7-function spray nozzle & a 5-function adjustable nozzle. This hose also has two layers of tubing, so it will never tear, burst or kink even when used with high-pressure water flow. This fantastic hose is exceptionally lightweight and easy to store. Its weight is only five libs.
The hose is also puncture-proof, weather-proof, thorn-proof, tear-proof, and ice-resistant. When it comes to the features, it is also corrosion-resistant and won’t rust or crack.
This hose comes in 3 different lengths:
- 50 ft. – It weighs about five lbs
- 75 ft. – It weighs about 7.5 lbs
- 100 ft. – It weighs about 10 lbs
- The hose is 304 stainless steel, very durable, and flexible
- It comes with two extra spray nozzles
- It has two layers of tubing. Very strong and nearly indestructible
- The hose is Puncture-proof, Waterproof, tear-proof, ice-resistant, corrosion-resistant
- It comes in three different lengths
- Its width is about ⅝ inches
- Slow customer service
3. Forever Steel 304 Stainless Steel Garden Hose
You can roll it into a coil with a diameter of about one foot and girth less than 6 inches when it comes to flexibility. That gives you the ability to store the hose in a variety of places. The stainless steel covers the interior rubber, providing excellent UV protection. If you connect the hose with a suitable nozzle, you will have a more extended spray stream thanks to the interior diameter.
This steel hose comes in three lengths:
- 25 ft
- 50 ft. – It weighs about 5.30 pounds with a diameter of 5/8 inches
- 100 ft
Forever Steel Hose also offers a 30-day full refund on this product.
- It is 304 stainless steel
- It comes in three lengths
- The hose has a diameter of about one foot and grith less than 6 inches
- It contains chromium and nickel. They prevent corrosion
- It has a 30-day refund
- It is UV protected
- It can leak sometimes
4. Tiabo Metal Garden Hose Stainless Steel Super Flexible
This metal hose is also 304 stainless steel. It deflects the heat from the sun and remains cool to touch. What’s great about it is the brass nozzle with seven spray patterns that comes with the hose. Tiabo’s metal hose is lead-free, which makes the water safe for drinking. This lead-free hose will particularly help gardeners with little kids.
The diameter is 3/8inches, and the holes in the fittings are about 3/16 inches. Hundreds of customers were happy about it being lightweight and providing tangle-free maneuvering.
This hose comes in three lengths:
- 50 ft
- 75 ft
- 100 ft
- It is 304 stainless steel
- It has a brass nozzle
- The hose is lead-free
- It has a diameter of 3/8 inches and fitting holes of about 3/16 inches
- The hose is lightweight and tangle-free
- The hose burst after a few months
5. The Original 304 Stainless Steel Hose
The Original metal hose is stainless steel, which reflects sunlight and prevents overheating and UV damage. The manufacturer of this hose is Harvest Trading Group. Each end on the Original 304 has a green-colored male or female connector along with matching rubber sleeves.
You can also roll this hose into a coil, less than one foot in diameter. The hose has a thicker inner rubber sleeve, which holds a solid shape and aids in building up pressure while water runs through it.
Original’s metal hose comes in four lengths:
- 25 ft. – The hose weighs 3.2 pounds dry, with dimensions 9.5 x 3.25 x 9.4 inches
- 50 ft. – The hose weighs 6.2 pounds dry, with an exterior diameter of 5/6 inches and dimensions 5.75 x 9.5 x 9.63 inches
- 75 ft.- The hose weighs 5 Pounds dry, and dimensions 9.5 x 8.35 x 10 inches
- 100 ft. – The hose weighs 10.18 pounds dry and dimensions about 9.75 x 9.5 x 8.2 inches
- The hose is 304 stainless steel
- Can be rolled into a coil
- It is lightweight
- The 304 stainless steel reflects sunlight and prevents overheating and UV damage
- It has a thicker inner rubber sleeve
- It can leak sometimes
1. Hose Length
The hose length range goes from 25-100 feet. Most of the time, people tend to purchase longer hoses to use them for watering all-around their garden, but sometimes it is not a very good idea. Longer hoses are heavier to move around, more expensive, challenging to drain, and the water will come out with low pressure. The best way to find the perfect length is to measure the farthest distance from the fixture. Here are some guidelines that will help you choose the length:
- For balcony or deck, 25-foot metal hose
- For urban yards longer than 50 feet, Purchase two metal hoses and join them together
- For typical urban yards, 50-foot metal hose
2. Hose Size
The diameter determines its water flow, and a wider diameter allows higher water flow. In general, you need a hose with 3/4-inch, 5/8 inch, and 1/2 inch diameters. A hose with a 5/8 inch width and is considered helpful without being heavy. However, the standard diameter is 1/2 inches.
This diameter makes the hose lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- For light-duty tasks – metal hose with a width of 1/2 inches
- For heavy-duty tasks- metal hose with a width of 5/8 inches
The hose has an inner tube and outer tube, the inner tube is rubber, polyurethane, or PVC, and the outer tube is 304 stainless steel.
4. Hose Strength / Pressure
When it comes to the metal garden’s strength, the hose measures in burst pressure, the pressure calculates in PSI (Pound per Square Inch).
The low-quality metal hoses have a rate of around 200 PSI.
High-quality hoses are rated 600 PSI.
Typical residential metal hose rate between 45-80 PSI.
- When using a hose nozzle or sprinkler, you’ll need a hose above 350 PSI
- When using a pressure washer, you’ll need a hose above 600 PSI
5. Fitting or Coupling
The fitting or coupling is the place where you connect the hose with the water supply. You can attach the end piece to sprinklers, fixtures, and nozzles. Always consider buying a brass fitting, due to it is much durable. Also, octagon-shaped fittings are pretty easier to maneuver.
6. Brass Connections
- The stamped brass is thinner and cheaper than the cast one
- The stamped one is easier to damage but durable than plastic connections
- Cast brass connections are generally thicker and meant for heavy-duty tasks
7. Plastic Connections
- They are easy to maneuver and prove beneficial for those who have difficulty with the brass connections
- They come in different designs and sizes
Depending on what you need, the nozzle will control the water flow accordingly. For metal, hoses often use brass, stainless steel, aluminum, or plastic nozzles. Most models come with free nozzles, but consider buying a brass nozzle because it is considerably sturdier. So try to find a nozzle that comes with unique spray patterns.
- Pistol Grip Nozzles– Comes with pull style handles, allows users to change the water spraying style
- Watering Wand Nozzles- This allows you to water areas that are difficult to reach
- Fan Nozzles- Let’s spray water in wide and gentle sprays
- Fireman Nozzles- It is used for large watering tasks and fills a large amount of water in less time
- Pattern Nozzles- These nozzles are flexible and allow you to use different types of spray patterns
It is essential to know how flexible your hose is. Most modern metal hoses are bending into perfect circles. If the hose is stiff, it kinks easily. The reinforced and rubber hose is less likely to kink than the others. When purchasing, try to find a hose that can bend in U shape.
Construction materials and build quality ensure the durability of the hose. To have maximum durability, you need a metal hose that is: corrosion-resistant, puncture-proof, UV-resistant, tear-proof, and can withstand any great deal of distortion. You can categorize hoses into three groups:
- Heavy-duty – they are the best ones. They are sturdy, durable, won’t get damage exposed to various elements. Also, they can handle more water pressure
You should be able to use your metal hose easily if it is durable. It is essential to have a portable hose, which you can carry easily. For people with large garden areas watering plants will not be an easy task. Try to find a metal hose that will allow you to drag easily from one place to another.