You may frequently find yourself in need of a good power tool for day-to-day home maintenance or a project that requires the best performance a power tool has to offer. This is where WEN comes in, a brand well-known as one of the most reliable manufacturers of power tools.
To elaborate, WEN not only produces some of the best durable power tools on the market, but it has also established a competitive line with the industry’s top brands.
Over time, WEN has had a significant impact on the market for making power tools that are easy to use and more affordable than most prominent names in the market. This makes it a worthy choice to go with the tools that provide budget-friendly longevity, especially for a DIYer.
How WEN Started
Founded and inaugurated by the pioneer Nick Anton in 1951, WEN tools are still best-sellers both in terms of creation and distribution. Speaking of pioneers, WEN was the first company to develop orbital technology. The company’s headquarters are currently located in Elgin, Illinois, where research is conducted routinely to enhance these tools for more significant influence over the business.
Although the headquarters are in Illinois, WEN’s tools are assembled and rebadged in China after importing the components and stock from Illinois and California. Recent claims have also pointed out that WEN tools are manufactured in the same factories as other power tools of the sector.
WEN’s Tools Range
WEN provides a wide range of tools, including:
- Drills and Drill Presses
- Blankets and beddings
- Planers and Jointers
- Rotary Tools
- Log Splitters
- Plate Compactors
- Pressure Washers
- Snow Blowers
Are WEN Tools Worth It?
Customers, especially if they aren’t professionals, prefer to invest their money in a product that provides them with the utmost advantage and the least hassle.
Although most users have nothing but good things to say about WEN tools, some consumers professed that the company’s products aren’t durable enough. However, we can somewhat ignore this assertion since WEN’s products are designed for homeowners rather than long-term professional workers.
WEN has always placed a premium on reliability. Given that a consumer would only use the tool a few times during the year, the company has focused on creating dependable and affordable products.
What Do the Customers Have to Say?
After taking a close look at the customer review section of several platforms, it is clear that WEN receives stellar reviews from its users. Almost none of the products get less than four stars out of five, which is quite an unusual sight in a power tool review area.
Overall, the users seem to be satisfied with the company’s reliability and cost-effective products. This has resulted in a positive impression of their tools, particularly among homeworkers.
You can tell that WEN certainly lives up to its reputation, considering how even power tool collectors categorize it among the companies with the most satisfactory service. Not only that, but several reviews have also appreciated WEN’s workers and customer service. Seeing this, we can say that WEN provides the best value in power tools and the highest quality of power workers.
5 Best WEN Power Tools
Although WEN offers a wide range of products, some of its tools get extraordinary admiration from customers.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list for you to go over and compare the features and specialties of WEN’s top-rated tools.
1. WEN 4208T 2.3-Amp 8-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Drill Press
This compact yet power-bursting Drill Press is easily one of the best power tools WEN has to offer. It doesn’t take up much space and can drill through whatever material you’re working with, including wood, plastic, or something else entirely.
Moreover, this is an excellent power tool for anyone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money.
- Motor: 2.3 AMP induction motor
- Base: 11-inch base, 23-inches tall
- 8-inch swing and 2-inch spindle travel
- Speed: 740 RPM, 1100 RPM, 2100 RPM, 3140 RPM
- The 6.5-inch adjustable work table bevels up to 45 degrees in every direction
The power drill provides the highest level of precision from a power tool, which is needed when piercing through a wide range of materials, such as metal, wood, glass, etc.
Even at maximum speed, the robust 2.3 AMP motor offers a steady drill with an extensive array of speed variations.
The drill is simple to set up, and the locking depth ensures a smooth drilling operation even with repetitive motion.
The table bevels 45 degrees in all directions to provide the worker with additional space and angles to drill. Moreover, the spindle has a 2-inch travel range, along with a swing range of 8 inches.
- The power drill offers a high level of precision
- Compact size for convenient storage
- The motor offers a steady drill even at the maximum setting
- Easy to use and smooth operation
- Bevels at an angle of 45-degree for better access
- The top does not fit right on the column and has a bit of back and forth sway
2. WEN 3410 3-Speed Remote-Controlled Air Filtration Systemt
The WEN Remote-Controlled Air Filtration System is a must-have for every DIY worker. This is the most effective tool for preventing minuscule particles from entering your airway and inflicting internal harm.
On top of that, the system eliminates any airborne particles and instead circulates fresh air in the work area.
- 1-micron filter and a 5-micron pre-filter (replaceable)
- Dimensions: 17” L x 20.5” W x 10” H
- Electrical Requirements: 120V, 60Hz, 1A
- Air Flow: 300/350/400 sq ft.
- Noise Rating: 50 to 60 dB
- Automatic programmable timer
- RF remote system lets the tool operate even if it isn’t in direct line of sight
The 1-micron filter captures and removes the remaining small particles, while the 5-micron particle cleans the air by eliminating large air-borne bits.
The system is relatively simple to set up and install. It also includes built-in mounting hooks that let the worker attach the tool to the ceiling as an alternative.
In retrospect, both options are available depending on the choice of the worker.
The programmable timer allows you to configure a cycle to end at a specific time, after which the machine will shut down automatically.
This lets you program your system and forget about your health concerns while you work. Furthermore, the device offers three different speed cycles for you to choose from.
- The filter works at an appropriate speed
- The system is relatively easy to install
- It comes with mounting hooks to install the system to the ceiling
- You can set the timer to shut off the machine after some time
- The distance between the mounting hooks is shorter than average
- The motor makes a lot of noise which can be distracting
3. WEN 6530 6-Amp Electric Hand Planer
As the name implies, this tool is easy to use, handle, and transport. The Hand Planer smooths the surface and removes any rough edges, cuts, or dents, which gives it a glossy appearance.
- Motor: 1/3 HP induction motor
- Base: Cast Iron
- Speed Options: 740 RPM, 1110 RPM, 1530 RPM, 2100 RPM, and 3140 RPM.
- ½ inch keyed chuck with onboard key storage
- Spindle travels up to 2-inch
- 8-inch swing and 2-inch stroke
The 6-AMP HP induction motor maintains a constant speed of 34,000 cuts per minute. This specification ensures that the boards are cut in a perfectly aligned form.
Cast Iron Base
The cast iron base on this hand planer provides a slick and smooth cut surface. Aside from that, this WEN tool has a built-in kickstand that keeps the blade from colliding with the workpiece.
The dust chute fills up pretty quickly, requiring the worker to set aside time to empty it sooner rather than later. On the plus side, this bag is detachable and can be moved from side to side to make things easier for the worker.
- Powerful motor provides a steady speed
- Ensures fine, smooth cuts
- Built-in kickstand to prevent any collision between the blade and workpiece
- The dust chute bag is detachable and can be moved for the worker’s convenience
- The hand planer makes a lot of noise
- The dust bag clogs too quickly
4. WEN 3921 16-inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw
This is probably the most versatile scroll saw you can find on the market. This is because the saw cuts in two directions instead of just one. This allows for the most intricate and complex cuts with the utmost precision.
- Cuts blades in two directions
- Speed: 400-1600 strokes/minute
- Spacious 16-by-11-inch table bevels up to 45 degrees left
- Cut wood 2-inches thick
- 16-inch throat depth cut in standard position
- Features a thumbscrew blade adapter
The Speed Scroll Saw slices wood to a 2-inch thickness with a knob-controlled speed that ranges from 400 to 1600 strokes per minute.
Cast Iron Base
The cast iron base has minimal oscillation, which allows the worker to have a secure hold on the saw.
The beveling table has a 16-inch cutting surface with angles ranging from 0 to 45 degrees in the left direction.
Range in Blades
Workers have a variety of preferences; some prefer pinned blades, while others favor pinless blades. WEN takes care of these scenarios with its ability to handle both types of blades.
In addition to this, an adjustable work light is included to illuminate the workpiece and the work surface.
- It comes with an additional set of adapters and shims
- The ends of the knobs have an Allen screw with them
- The adjustable light helps you pay attention to your workpiece
- There are minimal oscillations, allowing you to have a secure hold on the saw
- Relatively slow at cutting wood
- The blower isn’t as effective at removing sawdust from the cutline of your workpiece
5. WEN 6524 Oscillating Belt and Spindle Sander
With this oscillating belt and spindle sander, twisting and oscillating has never been easier.
- Motor: 3.5 amp motor
- Motor oscillates the belt 58 times/minute with a 5/8-inch stroke
- ½ inch, ¾ inch, 1 inch, 1.5 inch, and 2-inch sanding drum sizes
- 4×24 inch belt
- Includes beveling work table, five throat plates, four rubber sanding drums, one belt sanding attachment, and six pieces of 80-grit sandpaper
You can use this WEN machine for dual purposes. Not only does this machine feature an oscillating belt, but it also has a spindle sander.
It allows you to create arcs, twists, curves, and various other sand shapes in any way you choose.
The powerful 3.5 AMP motor rotates the spindle up to 2000 times per minute. Similarly, this motor rotates the belt at 1575 feet per minute.
The belt is available in a variety of sizes, giving the worker several options to work with.
The throat plates and sanding drums are better organized with the onboard storage.
The angled edges and vertices are helped by the adjustable belt, which rotates anywhere from zero to forty-five degrees. The best part about this WEN product is that it comes with a two-year warranty, so if things aren’t going well, the worker knows where to turn.
- A much more affordable choice compared to similar products
- It can be used for dual purposes
- Powerful motor allows you to get work done relatively fast
- Onboard storage lets you organize the plates and drums
- The tool makes a lot of noise, which can be a dealbreaker for some people
- The torsion angle doesn’t form correctly, which is why the device needs some tweaking
If you’re a DIYer or home enthusiast, it’s safe to assume that you want to get the most out of your money. WEN satisfies all of the requirements that a power tool buyer looks for, including quality, endurance, reliability, and value for money.
Although WEN may not have the same high-end branding as Makita or Ryobi, it guarantees a well-served run with a convenient approach and a large selection of durable power tools.
Therefore, we highly recommend you try out these tools first and then figure out how to move forward from there.